A Tradition Of Excellence
Northampton School for Boys is proud to uphold:
• traditional academic strengths
• national recognition for examination results
• exceptional opportunities and successes in sports
• national acclaim for outstanding music and drama
• a Teaching School since 2012
• magnificent modern buildings and facilities
Northampton School for Boys is an 11-18 state funded single sex boys' school. Some girls are admitted to the Sixth form.
The school was founded in 1541 by Thomas Chipsey and located in Bridge Street, but moved to the present site in 1911. His fellow trustees included Laurence and Edward Manley, William Brightwell and Laurence Washington - an antecedent of George Washington, first President of the USA.